Half Time Report

I've been quiet on the blog for a few weeks but that's because I've been so busy! In the past couple of weeks, I celebrated my 21st birthday, spent an amazing week fishing in Canada, and had some wonderful days at the zoo! Sitting down tonight I realize that I'm exactly halfway through my summer, incredibly bittersweet. With 52 days behind me and 52 days ahead, I think it's time to evaluate my goals that I set at the beginning of the summer. 

I've definitely gotten in my fair share of fishing but believe it or not I wish I could fish more. Aside from the week in Canada where we fished just about 24/7, I've only gone a handful of times on my days off. Still though, I make sure to squeeze it in when I can!

My 43-inch trophy Northern Pike!
I combined my goals of daily devotions and reading more into one. I found a couple of books online that were suggested for young Christian women and so far I've really been enjoying them. The first was about relationships and the one I'm reading right now is about seeing God's gifts for us in everyday life. I've also been doing a daily devotional, still kind of struggling to keep up with it every day but I do my best. I've really been enjoying my quiet time with God on my drive to and from work, and believe it or not I'm thankful for my 3 to 4 hour daily commute. A true blessing in disguise.

My goal of running a half marathon by September may have to be put on hold. Call me lazy or call it an excuse, but by the time I get home from work every day I usually don't have much energy left. By that time I'm always ready for dinner and to go straight to bed, so running has kind of fallen to the bottom of my to-do list. I still enjoy it when I get the chance and I'm hoping to keep up with it more, but we’ll see. I haven't decided against the half marathon yet so I'll just play it by ear, it's never too late start over.

I've been spending lots of time with family! I feel like this summer I have been home more than I have in the past three or four years. It's nice to be home for family dinner every night! I really enjoyed my time in Canada with my dad and Willie, such a special week that we will always cherish. I look forward to a few more adventures throughout the summer but I'm thankful for even just the few moments we have around the dinner table together each night. It's crazy to think that my parents will be empty-nesters in just under two months, gotta make the most of this time together!

Our sweet boy is college bound!
I would say my goal of doing well in my internship has been far surpassed. I've heard nothing but praise from my coworkers and they seem to really like and appreciate me. I will be so so sad to leave the zoo in August but I'm so thankful for the summer and all of the experiences I've had so far. Each day is a new adventure with new challenges but it is so much fun and I don't think I've ever loved anything so much!


52 wonderful days have passed and I’m ready to take on the next half of this incredible summer! I’ve got a ways to go on some of my goals but like any true Nittany Lion, I know how to bring it home in the second half!

Comments

  1. So so proud of you Victoria!! God is good and He just shines through you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much, Kayla! It was so nice catching up with you the other night, I'm so so grateful to have such a wonderful mentor and friend in you! I hope your touring and exploring of Honesdale continues to go well :)

      Delete

Post a Comment