My First SAE Visit

June 11th is always a great day in my book because it happens to be my birthday! This year it was even more special because I spent the day with Mr. Hughes conducting my first ever SAE visit.

An SAE or Supervised Agricultural Experience is a project that allows a student to learn through action outside of the classroom. SAE is an integral part of the Ag Education Model and these projects can range from raising animals or crops to keeping records on a job or internship to conducting a research project!

Mr. Hughes and I visited four different students, all of whom raise animals to sell or show at local fairs. On my drive home, I was just too excited and decided to capture down my reflections in a video blog. Check out my reflection along with a few pictures below!




Hereford show cattle on a local family farm

Mr. Hughes checking out some of the steers on a local Angus farm

Some of the show hogs that are housed at the high school


Mr. Hughes, a student, and her family weighing a hog


Comments