Hoss's and Handshakes

As many of us know, Agricultural Education is a tight-knit and special family. Having a network of mentors, friends, and a support system is crucial, especially in a career field that can be challenging in so many ways. As a young teacher, it is reassuring to me that I have experienced teachers who I can call when I have a question or run into an obstacle. However, these networks do not just appear, they must be built and maintained over time.

An important aspect of networking and contributing to the profession is being involved in professional organizations like PAAE and NAAE. This week I had the chance to attend the Western Region PAAE meeting.

This was a great experience to see some of the topics that are facing the profession right now and how they are handling them. It also gave me good insight into how and when I should get involved in PAAE.

As I begin my teaching journey, I know that PAAE will be an important part of my life. I plan to get involved right away so that I can strengthen and grow my network and be a contributing member of the profession.

Comments