The Real Deal (Week 7)

It's difficult to reflect on this week, mostly because it feels like it was three weeks in one. Having an in-service on Monday and a snow day on Wednesday really broke the week up and made it feel like a lot more than one week. Here's a quick overview of how the week went...

Monday. In-service. Got to see how in-services are run and had lots of time to get ahead in planning.

Tuesday. Surprise! Dr. Ewing moved his observation up and came to visit for a few hours! After a long and crazy day, I was ready to head
home, but it was off to Tractor Supply to raise money for FFA.

Wednesday. Snow day! I was secretly a bit relieved for a day to catch my breath. Slept in a bit and spent the day cleaning my apartment and getting some lesson planning done.

Thursday. Another hectic day! FFA Breakfast in the morning and a crazy day of catching up. A few times I caught myself thinking it was Wednesday and I definitely learned how a snow day can throw off the schedule.

Friday. Woo, Friday was one of those days where I felt like I didn't have a moment to even think. Classes were hectic and in the midst of everything the officer team was scrambling to pull together their FFA Week Assembly. And what an assembly it was, it was a blast to see so many students getting involved and enjoying the activities!

This week challenged me but also made me laugh. Time and time again I just had to step back from the moment and remember how much I love these kids. I have only been here 7 weeks but I already have so much pride and love for this program and the students in it. Constantly, I just have to shake my head and laugh. They are such great kids and they really give me the energy and excitement that I need to make it through the day.

Honestly, I'm sad to think that I am halfway through my time here. In 7 weeks I will be preparing to say goodbye to Penns Manor and step into a program of my own. So bittersweet but for now I will treasure every day I have here.

Comments

  1. Victoria, first of all, don't say you've ONLY been there 7 weeks. I can't believe 7 weeks has flown by already! Seems like literally 2 or 3 weeks ago that you all just started your internships. With that said, can you believe that you ONLY have 7 more weeks left!?!? Crazy right? But you are going through the natural process of growing accustomed to the environment, the facilities, the students, the everything and it really begins to feel like your own. But as you said, before you know it, you will have your very own program to run and just remember all of these great moments and experiences from throughout your internship. Bring them along, and recreate them with your future program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing. The pride we can help a community and individual students grow through a school-based agricultural education program is indeed special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a great visit and it was great to see how you connect with your students. Keep doing great work. It does pay off for your students and everyone involved.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment