Observations from the Other Side (Student Teacher Visit)

Agricultural Education. Ask a person what this means to them and you'll never get the same response. When it comes to secondary Agricultural Education, each program is so different and that is part of what makes it so incredible. Each program caters to the needs of its students and community and this can be seen through the courses taught, activities participated in, and more. Even from one program to its neighboring school district, no two programs are ever the same. That's why I was so excited to get the chance to visit Ms. Rachel Bloom at Juniata Valley High School a few weeks ago.

I chose to visit Rachel because she is teaching a Wildlife class this semester, a topic which I am very interested in and hope to teach in my future
program. I was not disappointed! Getting to watch Rachel teach for the day was exciting and insightful as I observed how she interacts with students and delivers content. I enjoyed seeing Rachel's passion shine through as she taught about birds in one class, welding in another, and wilderness survival in a third. It was interesting for me to realize that each teacher interacts differently with their students and builds rapport and relationships in different ways.

Overall it was a fantastic day and I really enjoyed getting to see the work that Ms. Bloom is doing at Juniata Valley! I know that wherever Rachel ends up, she will do a wonderful job and will spread her passion for wildlife to everyone she meets.

Comments